UNIVERSITY OF TORINO
Long Cycle Master Degree in CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
SUSCOR - UNIVERSITY STRUCTURE IN SCIENCES FOR CONSERVATION, RESTORATION, EXPLOITATION OF CULTURAL HERITAGESUSCOR is a University of Turin structure operating in the field of Sciences for Conservation, Restoration, Exploitation of Cultural Heritage.Contact person: prof. Diego Elia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Master Degree in CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION OF CULTURAL HERITAGE - Long Cycle Master Degree (5 years)Master Degree course with a quota of places for the training of RESTORERS OF CULTURAL HERITAGEA.A. 2017/18: 25 places - see more...Departement of Historical Studies (leader)Other Departments: Chemistry - Physics - Earth Sciences - Life Sciences and Systems BiologyContact person: Prof.ssa Rosanna Piervittori - Email: email@example.com
THE RESTORER OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
The Restorer of Cultural Heritage is the professional who describes the state of maintenance and acts to restrict decay processes of materials, in order to assure the conservation of the artworks. Following a coherent and coordinated planning, he/she:
- Analyzes and interpreters data concerning materials of artworks, techniques of execution, state of maintenance
- Projects and is in charge of the intervention works
- Executes the conservation and restoration interventions
- Manages and coordinates other operators dealing with complementary activities in restoration
- Deals with research, experimental and teaching activities connected to conservation and restoration.
Graduates can find a job in Restoration Workshops and Companies, in professional organizations and institutions, research organizations and public bodies dealing with Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage (Monuments and Fine Arts Offices, Museums, Libraries …).
The degree is recognized by Italian national system with validity for the professional practice in conservation.